May 5, 2017

All about Esme.







 Esme, " I thought I would insinuate myself onto the blog today since I am often the elusive kitty of the bunch who is rarely captured on film! Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy visiting with all of you, it's just that I am not a fan of the camera. Maybe the camera might steal a little piece of me every time the lens is bandied to and fro in front of my face. Frankly, at four pounds, there wouldn't be too much of me left  to photograph if that happened to be the case!"








 Esme, " I think most of you know by now that I am a Seal Tortie Point Devon Rex cat. And like most torties, I do have tortietude! In fact, when I first came to the cottage over eleven years ago, one of my nicknames was, Pow! Pow! I'm a bit ashamed to admit this now but I used to make the cottage rounds and sock anyone who came too close to me in the face. O. k. I'll admit it. Some times I would just saunter up to an unsuspecting critter and  . . . Pow! Pow! Right in the melon! I guess it was a defense mechanism I employed to make up for my diminutive size. "






Esme, " I'm much more mellow now. Here I am in Duffy's bed. I don't actually share Duffy's bed with Duffy. Heeheehee."







Esme, " Let's see. What else do you want to know about me? I believe most of you know I sleep in LP's arms every night. EVERY night. I have never missed a night since I came to live here, that is, unless LP is away and that doesn't really count since I have no say in the matter of her absences! "






 Esme, " LP would want me to admit that I am a gentle and tender girl but I don't want you to think I can't stand up for myself. I will confess one last thing though. I love it when LP sings to me. Especially at night when I am tucked into the hollow of her arms. I fall asleep to her soft, singing voice and it makes me happy! I hope you enjoyed learning a few more things about me. Have a great day sweet friends and I promise I will make an effort to visit more often!"






Have a Fabulous Friday!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo
 

21 comments:

  1. OMC, Esme, I didn't know you were a whapper like Binga! Except Binga never outgrew it, and as she is nearly 17, I don't think it'll happen. I loved learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice seeing you today Esme! Neither of my boys love the camera either! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sleep kinda in Momma's arms too. I'm a little big for it, so I curl up right beside her and she puts her arm around me. That counts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful Esme and how sweet that you sleep with your Mom every night. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a pretty galthanks for telling us more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small ... but lethal ;) We loved getting to know you better ... now I understand why your bio says you have a lot of character. You and Bear Cat are the same age ... he's a snuggler too ... though not as consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet sweetest Esme, thank you for sharing more about yourself with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my stars girl I totally understand about the camera; in fact I think the next time LP tries to take your picture you should put the POW on it; indeed. we loved learning more about you; as they say good things come in small packages !! enjoy your weekend and go POW the dogs just because ~~~~~ hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esme, you are just the sweetest. And you're such a tiny little thing. We always enjoy seeing you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esme, we learned a lot about you! We think you are a sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We loved learning more about you, Esme. We didn't know that such a sweet and tiny girl like you had POWerful whacky paws ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Esme, we think you might be a soul sister to the mush admired and much loved Nellie? Don't you think? We also think you are absolutely adorable and send you lots and lots of loving purrs.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was fun learning more about you, Esme! I didn't know you were "Pow! Pow!" kind of girl :-) But I understand it was maybe the defense mechanism. How sweet you fall asleep with LP's singing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! It's lovely to learn more about you. (And the Pow! Pow! stuff made us laugh.)

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to know you better Esme!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are quite a lady, and I love your POW POW attitude, sometimes it needs to be done and said! I think it is great you snuggle up with LP, that is something I don't get to do with one as the peep is always having a disturbed night from stray mice.... You'd have thought after 3 years peep would get used to these things, now wouldn't you?
    Purrs, ERin

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are quite a lady, and I love your POW POW attitude, sometimes it needs to be done and said! I think it is great you snuggle up with LP, that is something I don't get to do with one as the peep is always having a disturbed night from stray mice.... You'd have thought after 3 years peep would get used to these things, now wouldn't you?
    Purrs, ERin

    ReplyDelete
  18. We really enjoyed learning more about you, Esme. We especially liked hearing abouyt how you got that "Pow! Pow!" nickname, and that you sleep in LP's arms every night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Esme, we got a kick out of Pow! Pow! Astrid is always being bullied by Misty May. Well Mom saw Astrid turn around this morning and whap Cooper Murphy (who is twice her size) upside the head twice. Guess since she is deathly afraid of Misty May, she decided to take her tortitude out on gentle Cooper. He only ever bops, Mau. Thanks for telling a bit more about yourself, Esme. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your tortietude, Esme. You are super cute๐Ÿ˜Ž Thanks for sharing your story❤Pawkisses for a Happy Day☺❤

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Esme...you're too adorable not to have your pic taken even if you have some tortitude. ๐Ÿ˜‡

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)