April 21, 2017

Duffy and a little birdie.








Duffy, " There is a big commotion all around me at the jetty today! Lots of people have cameras and are pointing them at the tree in front of me!"







 Duffy, " They are Birders and they are taking photos of that little birdie in the tree!"







 Duffy, " For a moment , I thought they were here to take photos of me!"








Duffy, " But I guess this little birdie in the grass is more intriguing!"








Duffy, " It's called a Yellow-headed Blackbird and it came to our area to mate. The Yellow-headed Blackbird stays here for six weeks then is off again to far-away lands!"








Duffy, " I guess that is why the Birders are all aflutter! They don't get the chance to often see this bird !"








Duffy, " I suppose it is pretty."






Duffy, " But certainly not as handsome as me in a bow-tie! At least that is my humble opinion."








Have a Fabulous Friday!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo

18 comments:

  1. Oh what a pretty birdie butt, as you say, NOT as HANDSOME as you Duffy!
    Loves and lciky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Duffy, those are ALL some wagnificent photos on a windy day! And yes, you will always be the star in our mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty bird and I love how Duffy's fur is blowing in the breeze!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are MUCH handsomer, Duffy. No question!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duffy!!! YOU ARE TOO CUTE IN THAT BOWTIE!!! You are just too handsome! My humom's sister is going to take you home one day...shhhh don't tell LP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one could be as cute as you in your bow tie, Duffy! I've never heard a yellow-headed blackbird ... that's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like seeing you in your bowtie, Duffy, but I must confess, I would be fascinated by that birdie too! I'm definitely a big birdie watcher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think YOU look most wonderful Duffy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. duffy...pleez due knot send de burd down ta TT...tell him ta dee toor via way oh ESWNW !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks kinda windy but you look beautiful in any weather!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw one of these birds years ago on my neighbor's railing. Haven't seen one since. Love your "windswept" look :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. É um passarinho bonito, mas eu prefiro você Duffy!
    Bom final de semana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are indeed more handsome then the birdie

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is pretty, but I would rather see photos of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beautiful bird but of course you are more beautiful and precious, Duffy! Plus you have a dedicated photographer of your own :-) You look super cute in your bow tie! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a super cool bird. We don't have anything like it here, but you totally surpass it in cuteness, Duffy, especially with your bow tie. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)