December 12, 2016

I'm a big girl now ; turning one year old with Wilhelmina.


Wilhelmina, " I turned one year old on November 29th!  I am a big girl now! I wanted to share some photos with you from when I first came home and photos of me now. Can you believe that when I first came to live with my family, I was smaller than Duffy?! I was! See for yourself!"





Wilhelmina, " This photo was taken after we had been walking in the rain. You can see how small I was next to Duffy. Duffy wouldn't like it if he knew I put this photo of him on the blog! He looks pretty windswept! Shhh. Don't tell him!"










Wilhelmina, " I was a busy puppy who easily tired out my Daddyman!






Wilhelmina, " LP says I brought back the smile to her eyes!"
























































































Wilhelmina, " I started to be known in our neighbourhood as the puppy with the bows in her hair! It made people smile real wide!"






Wilhelmina, " But I still know how to get nice and dirty in the forest with my friend Mia! "







 Wilhelmina, " Look how big I am now next to Duffy! I'm a big girl now!  I have accumulated a few pet names in my first year of life! LP calls me , Pomme (de terre), Angel Eyes, Ocean and Pony Girl. Pony Girl or Pony, is my favourite nickname."











Wilhelmina, " I'm still known for wearing my pink bows. In fact, I got a new pink bow as one of my birthday gifts from my friend Mia. I'm wearing it here in the photo! Mia and I celebrated our one year birthday together. I turned one year old on November 29th and Mia will turn one year old on December 15th so we did an in between birthday and celebrated together!"




 LP, Daddyman, Duffy, Mitalee, Esme, Malou and Levon," Happy Birthday to our sweet, sweet, Pony Girl! You came into our lives when our hearts were broken after losing our beloved Isadora. You put a joyous balm on all of our wounds and made us a happy, little family once again.  We will always be grateful to Isadora who brought us so much joy when she was with us and who guided us to Wilhelmina to ensure that happy memories and love would triumph in spite of her departure. Not a day goes by that we don't think of Isadora and that we don't miss her. Life, however, is for the living.  Wilhelmina reminds us of the simple, innocent , pleasurable places of the soul that we must never  lose or forget to visit as one life comes to an end and another one greets us with open arms. "




Have a Terrific Tuesday!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo




18 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Wilhelmina! I can't believe you are already a year old! It doesn't seem like all that long ago, you were a little puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sweetheart! So happy you joined the Critters! And a happy day also to your cute friend Mia ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! Happy (belated) Birthday - looks like you had a great Birthday! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Wilhelmina! You were such a tiny puppy and now you're a big girl :) Have fun celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy barkday, pretty bow girl! I LOVES the bow on your cake. You've grown up SO much during a year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a year has gone by already?????? That went FAST!! Happy Happy Belated Birthday beautiful girl!!! Love that cake! xoxo DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday, Wilhelmina! It's hard to believe you were such a little puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Wilhelmina! And Mia, too! Loved seeing your puppy photos. You've grown such a big and beautiful girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday pretty Wilhelmina ! We love your cake, it looks like you had a wonderful day ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birfday Wilhelmina!!!! You are a beautiful lady doggie now! Oh wait, mom just said you'll always be a pup!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Wilhelmina!! It is nice o see how much you have grown through out the year!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  12. happee bee lated wizhez two ewe wilhelmina; we send best dawg bone wishez......we N joyed thiz look bak oh ewe growin up !!! heerz two a yeer a head filled with happee nezz & health ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet post. Happy Birthday Wilhelmina.XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, Wilhelmina! You have grown from a cutie to a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wilhelmina is an absolute sweetie!! Happy Birthday (belatedly) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated happy birthday, Wilhelmina! You are a very big girl now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday, Wilhelmina! We love you lots, big girl, and we hope you had a day that was super special (just like you)!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)