August 5, 2016

The Negotiator.









Wilhelmina, " Have I mentioned yet how great a big brother Duffy has been to me?  He is the best big brother a puppy could ask for! Right from the start, Duffy decided his job was to look out for me. At eight years of age, Duffy is mellow but when it comes to me, he is The Negotiator, with any dog who runs up to meet and greet me! He doesn't want anyone to play roughly with me or to use inappropriate language that might sting my young, sensitive puppy ears and feelings!" 









Wilhelmina, " Here we are at River Park. Can you see me peeking out at your bottom right? I am waiting for my intercessor to begin. This dog has to agree to play nicely with me or else he won't get to play with me at all!"








Wilhelmina, " When Duffy gives me the signal, I can approach. That means this dog is well socialized and will play nicely with me!"















































Wilhelmina, " When we have finished playing, and the approved of dog departs to continue his walk down the river, Duffy my negotiator, goes looking for a new playmate while I catch my breath! He may be eight years old and weigh just seven pounds, while I am eight months old and weigh fifty-one pounds, but I don't doubt for a moment that Duffy has my back! I won the lottery when it comes to big brothers."





Have a Fabulous Friday!
We hope you have a fun weekend!
See you Sunday for Sunday Selfies.
the critters in the cottage xo 


P. S. We promise to visit more next week.
        We hope all is well with all of you!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful ... but we do need to find a better word choice for Duffy as he really cannot be called your "BIG" brother ... right? Such a wee little thing he is and such a BIG girl you are ... now let's think ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is awesome! You are such a great brother, Duffy!

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big brother's job never ends! I'm proud of you, Duffy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have such a sweet older brother. That is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big brothers can be very pawsome!! You got a good one!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two really are a wonderful team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's pawsome ! You're such a good big bro, Duffy ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are glad Duffy takes good care of you!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so great that you have Duffy looking out for you, Wilhelmenia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was BEYOND adorable!! You DID win the doggy lottery having Duffy as your brother!!! Duffy rocks!!!!! xoxoxo DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duffy is such a great big brother!
    Do some dogs use bad language? Glad he is looking out for you. You have the best brother, Wilhelmina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful and loving big brother Duffy is, Wilhelmina! Everybuddy should be so lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)