February 8, 2016

Third day of the quote challenge and a Wilhelmina challenge!







 This is our third day of the three day quote challenge. It was difficult to choose one last quote since I have collected so many uplifting and insightful quotes over the years. I decided to quote Mother Teresa. I like this quote because I feel it applies to everyone no matter what your spiritual beliefs may or may not be. It suggests accountability to a higher power even if that higher power could simply be your own conscience ; it implies a person can choose what is good rather than choose what often leads to their discontent.




 " People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. 
   If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
   If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
   If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
   The good you do today, may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good.
   Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
   For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
   It was never between you and them anyway."

~ Mother Teresa of Calcutta~








Here are a few more photos of our Wilhelmina.(See yesterday's post for the big reveal!). Can anyone guess her breed?








I will put together a little care package compliments of the critters in the cottage and send it to the first person who guesses Wilhelmina's breed correctly. This little challenge is open to everyone with the exception of those of you who already know. You know who you are!
I will announce the winner on Friday. You can leave your guesses in the comment section until then. Good luck!





Have a Marvelous Monday.
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo

23 comments:

  1. Are she a poodle? She's certainly got da curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful quotation, as you say, applies to everyone.
    I finks Wilhelmina is an Adorable/Gorgeous cross mix and maybe a little bit of cuteness in there as well
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My human is totally clueless about dog breeds, so someone else will be winning this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it an Irish Water Spaniel??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great quote from a great lady. We don't know what breed Wilhelmina is, but she is sure a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD, I knew it!! Wilhelmina is absolutely adorable,a dn I can't waits to see her grow up!!!

    Hmm, she has the curly furs of a goldendoodle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE KNOW, WE KNOW!!! But darn... we can't participate ;)
    Love this quote, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a cute heart...a labradoodle?
    I like the quote...if only I could live up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quote! I'm guessing she is a poodle and airdale???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quote. I am not good at identifying dogs, but I will guess a Portugese water dog? Whatever she is , she is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I have seen photos of red Airedale Terriers and so I have thought maybe she is an airedale! She sure is cute no matter what breed she is!

    Wilhelmina, you will know the most wonderful thing - to be really loved. I am so happy for you.

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait! Wait! I think I should have said Irish Terrier as they would be more likely to be red.

    Please change my choice-if possible! lol!

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wilhelmina !!!!! a most most happee gotcha day two ewe....we R veree happee two meet ewe N welcome ta yur furtastic for everz home ....we look for ward ta lurnin nor about ewe in de yeerz ahead; sew welcome ta blogland as well......

    we think ewe R a goldendoodle ...

    & total lee awesum quotes guys.....grate werk on de challenge ! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are going with a goldendoolde. If we are correct Casey beat us to that answer. If not that, she might be a Lagotto Romagnolo. Anyhoo...Mom loves your quote. She says every person should read that each morning when they get out of bed and live their life by it.
    XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is Wilhelmina an Irish Water Spaniel ? When I was a kid there was a book I had that featured one and I have only ever seen a few for real - She sure is CUTE, whatever !

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a grea quote! I can relate it to what I always keep in mind - be yourself, be honest and happy, don't let negative energy from others take over you.
    Is Wilhelmina Australian labradoodle? She is such a cutie pie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love the Mother Teresa quote. And we think Wilhelmina is of the cute breed. Because she sure is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is not a cockapoo...it's an American Pit-a-poo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darn I was going to say Labradoodle but someone else did! Love her coloring...........love that poem too!
    DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank goodness our innernets are working again! We have been about to burst out at the seams waiting to congratulate you on your new furbaby at the Cottage! Wilhelmina is an adorable name and she is absolutely precious. Thank you for sharing her with us and we can't wait to see more photos of her.
    Lots of love from the Mom and the kits in Oklahoma.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bunch of people already have my guess. I'd say she's an Irish Water Spaniel. What ever she is she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my what a cutie , say´s Conrad.
    We think she is a Cocapoodle :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)