December 11, 2015

More shenanigans or : Reindeer in Training.













Malou, " Well. . . you knew and we knew, there were bound to be more Christmas shenanigans and here they are. All in good fun and in the spirit of Christmas is what LP claims!"










Malou, " We are going to be , Reindeer in Training, LP whispers in our ears as she bundles us up in little jackets and plunks antlers on our heads. What in thunderation. . . did she just say REINDEER?!! Where does she come up with these ideas?! "







Duffy, " I liked the idea! I had a pretty good handle on the antlers but the cats found them remarkably challenging!"   










Esme , " Reindeer in Training need a handler. I volunteered to be their handler (thereby getting out of wearing the absurd yet comical outfits). As you may imagine, Levon had trouble getting his antlers up but under the guidance of my calm and expert handling, he eventually got the gist of it, as did Mitalee. I also had Duffy and Malou practicing as head deer pullers for Santa's sleigh, in case one of his helpers can't  assist him on Christmas Eve. In due course, I was even able to get a group photograph of three of the Reindeer in Training ; Duffy, Mitalee and Levon.  Unfortunately , by that point in their training , Malou had had enough. She proved to be the most reluctant and least malleable , Reindeer in Training. "











Levon, before mastering his antler attire.









Levon , incredulously mastering the art of wearing antlers.











Mitalee, born to be a Reindeer in Training!









Duffy and Malou waiting for a call from Santa.









Three successful Reindeer in Training: Duffy, Mitalee and Levon!









Esme , "I know, I wholeheartedly agree! I did an exemplary job of training those critters, if I do say so myself! I  believe they might pass as genuine and real reindeer were they to find themselves in a large reindeer herd in the near future. It took some work on my part but it was all worth it in the end. I can almost hear Santa calling out to them, "More rapid than eagles his coursers they came....on Duffy and Malou and . . . ! HO! HO! HO! "







Have a Fabulous Friday!
See you Sunday for Sunday Selfies.
the critters in the cottage xo

12 comments:

  1. You made our Mom smile =)
    When our Mom is happy we get more treats!
    Duffy, Mitalee and Levon make excellent reindeer!
    Esme, you are a wonderful trainer.
    Purrs,
    the kitty brats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esme did so well training the "reindeer"!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL of you just reduce mommy to stark admiration. She can't get passed your precious adorable little sweet selves. I know. You've heard it all from me before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all do look pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, I would have had a problem with those antlers too - I have a very small head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. guys.....even tho yur fotoz R total lee awesum....sorree... { we noe ewe think other wize.... } yur mom doez noe deer R vizshuz....doesn't her ?? !!

    heerz two a wolf herring kinda week oh end ! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every photo. You all look adorable. You kitties all seem so cooperative compared to mine. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet your raindeer training will be a huge succes !
    You are all squeeee cute say´s our mom-person :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! You guys totally are reindeer! But Duffy looks the happiest reindeer! MOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMC you are all such cute reindeers! I especially love the photo to Duffy, Levon and Mitalee together. And Malou, of course, looks fantastic in any costumes :-) Esme, great job training the reindeers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Esme, we're with YOU - we'll be the not-wearing-anything-other-than-a-collar cats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha Reindeer in Training, Jes Love it! Bravo Esme, master trainer! Great idea, and love the little reindeer in training sign.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)