June 18, 2015

Second leg of the trip.

LP, " After Blog Paws, I went on to visit my sister in San Diego. We went on a mini-trip to La Jolla from there. We went kayaking and also enjoyed the sights and yummy restaurants.  I thought I would share a few pics of La Jolla with you. It is a very pretty cove and the ocean was at it's best when we were there. At least the kind of best in an ocean that I enjoy ; alive and turbulent as it crashed against the rocks. It was fun to be in a kayak with waves crashing over me. I thoroughly enjoyed it! You may notice that some of the photos look a bit gloomy. . . that is what is known in California as , "June gloom". The clouds burn off in the morning by 10 a.m. or so after which it gets hotter than two goats in a pepper patch!





 *Click to biggify if you like*










Me striking a pose.







La Jolla.






























































Cormorants.




















Pelicans.










One of the many caves found in this area.










These are seals. Seals are beach dwellers, they do not climb rocks as do sea lions.









These are sea lions. Sea lions call out and are very vocal , whereas seals are silent.












More pelicans.


























Can you spot the nesting seagull?













Hope you enjoyed the photos. I had a wonderful trip but it is good to be home! I missed my gang and I believe they felt the same way :)




Have a wonderful day.
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo

14 comments:

  1. You had more fun in southern California than my human does - and she lives here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT a pleasure. I loved every picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am SURE they missed you! La Jolla looks beautiful! Have never been there but would love to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, that was quite the trip and the photos are sure pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a wonderful place to vacation even with the "gloom". Excellent photos. Thanks for posting the bikini badge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I love the ones with the seals and sea lions. But you are right - as much fun and as nice as a vacation can be, it's always nice go get back home to a loving and welcoming furry gang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such beautiful photos! I've always wanted to visit La Jolla. I heard it's a very lovely place and truly "a gem." Now I see your photos and want to go even more :-) The seals are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. guys...manee thanx two yur mom for sharin theeze fotoz....they R grate....we wood sew total lee loves ta live by de sea...ocean....we noe her hada fun fun fun time & even tho her wuz knot ther... ya NOE her thinked bout all de trubull ewe were gettin in two....ooopz...ya noe her thinked bout ya everee day!!!

    de sealz & sea lionz R awesum ~~~~~ ♥♥♥ we never new bout de beach dwellin & rock stuff ☺☺

    Heerz two a longnose whiptail catfish kinda week oh end ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos. It looks like you had a great time!

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day at the beach. Other than the trees, It looks a lot like the west coast of Vancouver Island! |Gosh it makes me homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are lovely, LP! They bring back lots of memories (and make me a bit homesick, too). I'm originally from Southern California, and spent quite a bit of time in San Diego growing up. Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely pictures. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photos were wonderful. When Mom sees these, it is when she misses California the most. Even though she lived in northern CA, she lived only about 40 minutes from the beach. So happy you had a great trip and visit. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)