April 17, 2015

Seven (or so) facts about Sir Duffy.







Duffy, " I did a mutiny on the blog today because I was feeling a little ignored and overlooked! I thought this would be a good time to share seven previously unknown facts about my life! Firstly, I was adopted after my first owner died unexpectedly. She was a friend of LP's and Daddyman's. I was just one year old and it took a few days to discover my first owner had passed away so even though I have been here six years now, I still have a few separation problems. LP says her friend came to her after she died and encouraged LP to adopt me. When I was with LP shortly after she adopted me and brought me home, we were in the neighbourhood park and I was running around off leash (something my first owner never let me do because she was afraid I wouldn't come back!) , and LP could feel her friend all around her. Her friend was happy I was safe with my new family. Twoly, I like to keep a very sharp eye on LP at all times! If she is sad, I am sad. If she is happy, I am happy! LP says I am the most sensitive of all the critters."













Duffy, " Tenthly, I was named Duffy by my first owner who was from Scotland. LP didn't want to change my name even though I was young enough to adapt to a new name , out of respect to the memory of her friend. So she added a few monikers to my name. My full name as was given to me by LP is : Sir Duffy Ducky Birdie Quinn. I weigh eight pounds. Twenty-one , I love Isadora and we are never too far from one another. In fact, I was Isadora's first real friend on account of her size. She is very tiny so she has alway been shy and careful around other dogs , she intuitively understood they could hurt her unintentionally and thus preferred to quietly stick close to LP's legs at the park. When I came into her life, it was the first time LP ever saw Isadora play with another dog! The two dogs that came before me loved Isadora and were very protective of her but she never played with them. In contrast to Isadora, I am afraid of no buddy and love dogs of all sizes and cats too. As some of you may already know, Levon and I are best buddies. And our Angel Tulip and I were best friends!"











                                                                 Angel Tulip












                                               Duffy snuggling with Angel Tulip












Duffy, " Nine, my favourite colour is sky blue to turquoise blue, which also happens to be one of LP's favourite colours! We all have a favourite colour so don't roll your eyes! A few of my nicknames are : Oliver Twist, Duffy Doo Doo, Duff-Duff and Little Monkeyman. I love monkeys! Can you see the monkey partially hiding directly behind me? And last but not least, I sleep with a stuffie every night. His name is Yummy Monkey and you guessed it! He is a monkey!"











Duffy, " That's me with Yummy Monkey as can be seen on the sidebar of the blog!"














Duffy,  " Phew. I think that's seven!  I will stop now and have a little catnap. After all, I am in my favourite cat bed! Peace out furiends. And remember. Love the ones you're with."











Have a Fabulous Friday!
See you Sunday for Sunday selfies.
the critters in the cottage xo

13 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea about any of this Duffy! You are quite the little doggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duffy we enjoyed finding out all those interesting things about you.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved reading all "7" of those fun facts, Duffy. What a unique Gotcha Story you have.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duffy, we are glad you did a mutiny today, because we loved learning those things about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duffy, you're just da cutest! And I luved learnin more bout ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved hearing your story Duffy, you're a special one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved reading more things about you ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Querido Duffy fico contente que você se adaptou a sua nova família e ganhou novos irmãos e irmãs. Sua mamãe foi uma amiga maravilhosa tenho certeza que sua primeira mamãe ficaria contente em saber que LP ficou com você.
    Tenham um final de semana maravilhoso!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We always enjoy learning new things about our furiends! How wonderful that you were able to find such a loving home after your first owner died. We love all of your different names and monickers! So cute. And of course, the photos of you cuddling with your monkey and with Angel Tulip are absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, little precious Sir Duffy, love the ones you are with...
    I liked seeing you and Tulip together, so sweet.

    And my love comes to you today,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for telling us about yous Duffy! And yous knows, yous is smaller than all the animals in our family except me - NELLIE!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Duffy that was so much fun to read about you and you are just adorable. Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. We loved learning more about you, Duffy. Duffy Doo Doo cracked us up. We like Duff-Duff. That's a cute nickname for a super cute woofie. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)