April 28, 2015

Malou Annabelle Xing Xing Songbird and some things about her you may not know.





Malou, " Today I am going to share a few never heard before things about me! Well, maybe some of you have heard some of these things before but probably not all of the things all at once in the same place before! I will begin with my name as was given to me by LP. It is, Malou Annabelle Xing Xing Songbird. Malou , means "Wished for child". I am a devon rex cat. I was born in Seldovia, Alaska. When I was a kitten, I was very ill and stopped eating and it looked as though I wasn't going to make it so the humans chose Malou as my name and kept hoping and wishing that I would get better and join their family. But I became dangerously thin and despondent and they were told I wasn't go to survive my illness and would they like to choose another kitten?  So with heavy hearts they did, they chose Levon! But I DID get better in time and so both Levon and I came home to the cottage because who could leave Levon behind after all that?!"











 Malou, "  Xing Xing (pronounced Sing Sing) is part of my name because it means , "Twin Stars". One star is me symbolically, and the other symbolizes our Angel Lewis who died a year before Levon and I arrived at the cottage. Our spirits are forever intertwined which is what makes me extra lively and quirky."











 Malou, " I am a GIRL!! A lot of people think I am a boy on account I am feisty and don't take any guff from anybuddy. That and the fact that Levon and I are pretty much inseparable makes people think we are two naughty boys on the constant go. Actually, I am a naughty girl who often leads Levon to the path least taken! And I am more brave than Levon. I hope that doesn't sound like bragging! We are called "Get Out!" and "You Too!" often. They are our pet names and those pet names are interchangeable so Levon holds his own you needn't worry about that! Some other nicknames I have been given are : Salty (Licorice Baby) , Lilou, LouLou,  Ying (to Levon's ,Yang), Cheech (to Levon's, Chong) , Get Out! (to Levon's, You Too!) to name a few."











 Malou, " I am a petite but solid girl and weigh about seven pounds. I like to give love bites to LP. I love to sleep in LP's lap when she is on the computer. I am a Mama's girl. I discovered catfoolery and I am very good at it! Kozmo is my special sweetheart."












Malou, " The cool cat I admire in the cottage (maybe I little too much. . . I haven't decided yet . . .) is Mitalee. Levon is my bff. I love my home and everybuddy in it but I am wary when a stranger enters the cottage. I will not hide but I will observe and advance at my discretion. Hights are my challenge ; the higher the location I am resting upon , the happier my disposition! Well, I had better stop here for today. I am certain you have other cool cats to visit. Enjoy your day! And remember sickly kittens can get better and some times when they do, they turn into loveable little terrors just like me! Oops. That might be bragging again. . ."







Have a Terrific Tuesday!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo

18 comments:

  1. I loved learning all these new things about you, Malou! Although of course, I ALWAYS knew you were a girl. I don't think anyone could be feistier than Binga, and she's definitely a female!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know lots more about you now Levon so watch out or we might tell your Mom your naughty secrets!!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to learn more about you Malou. I am glad you recovered and that your Mom took you and Levon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an interesting "little terror," Malou. Loved learning all these things about you. I'm a mama's girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so glad you did get better! We think that is quite a name for a petite little girl cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always glad to learn more about my furiends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a beautious gal and we enjoyed leaning more about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Malous, we learned so much about you today! We love your name, and all that it symbolizes and means. It is as beautiful as you! You and Levon sound a lot like Sampson and Caster - those two... they are the trouble makers! Where you find trouble, you find Caster and Sampson... inseparable best buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did know you were a girl, but I did not know your full, beautiful name. Most wished for child ...so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Malou! You make my heart sing! I just learning more about you. I can't wait to take you on a special date. Jo Jo and I have put our heads together and we are thinking we should all go to Vegas! Would you like to go with me?
    Kisses
    Kozmo

    ReplyDelete
  11. those were great things to learn about you....

    ReplyDelete
  12. We loved reading your post and learn more about you Malou ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  13. malou....we due knot think ya wuz bragggin at all...what a kewl post two day & we iz mega happee ya getted better N better N better...st franicis musta been watchin out for ewe ...for sure !!! total kewl.....we think itz way kewl ya wuz born in Alaska two...noe "kewl" pun inn tended ther ~~~

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun and sweet girl you are Malou! I am sorry you were so very ill as a young kitten but if that is the way you and Levon got to both come to the cottage and be together... maybe it was worth it for you. Only the kitty knows...

    Wishing you many, many happy and healthy days for a long time.
    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Malou, you beautiful girl! Thanks for telling us more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have an interesting history. I think lots of people think dark-colored animals are boys. "Get Out" and "Your Too"....those are funny names!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Malou, we loved learning all these things about you. We are so happy you got well and that you came to live in the cottage. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)