March 24, 2015

A few things about Mitalee HoneyBee.





Mitalee , " I thought I would share a few things about myself with you today. I'll start with my full name as was given to me by LP. It is , Mitalee HoneyBee. My name originally spelt Mithali, means friend/friendship in Sanskrit but LP changed the spelling to make it easier to pronounce.  My name is pronounced, Mee ta lee. I am the second oldest critter in the cottage after Isadora. I am eleven years old. I weigh eight pounds."











Mitalee, " I am a cat who was rescued from a hoarding situation. I was in very bad shape when LP and Daddyman adopted me. My furs were sparse and looked scraggly and I was thin. I hid under a bureau in the closet for weeks when I first came to stay at the cottage. I didn't trust humans at all but I loved the dogs in the cottage! In fact, that is why I was adopted. LP and Daddyman wanted a cat that got along with dogs and looked high and low for me. They found me and adopted me because I slept with the dogs at my foster home. They weren't sure I would ever trust them but they knew they could provide me with a safe and happy home and brought me to the cottage hoping I would be happy. I am a Selkirk Rex cat. I am a fancy cat but some times fancy cats need help too. It is important not to forget that. If I hadn't been helped, I would have remained in a very sad situation. That was ten years ago and my life is very different now."










Mitalee, "  I can still be shy but I am very loving and friendly with all the animals and with my humans too. In fact, I am a bit of a Daddy's girl. I have Daddyman wrapped around my little paw if I do say so myself ! Heehee. I never hide anymore and I will come and greet you if you come to visit and will let you pet me too. I love to cuddle with Esme and I keep the kittenbabies in line as they can be cheeky at times!"










Mitalee, " I am the Queen of the cottage ; LP says so herself. A few of my pet names are: LeeLee, Bumbles, LeeLeeBee and BumbleBee. LP loves to sing little songs she makes up about me and when she does, I purr very loudly because I remember her doing that a lot when I first came to live with her and was hiding under the bureau in the closet.  Her songs made me curious about her and I would peek out to listen carefully. Eventually I came out from hiding completely just to listen to her songs about me. One day she brought a Da Bird type of toy and after that we played every day and soon became fast friends. Well, I had better stop now before I bore you! I hope you enjoyed learning more about me."








 Mitalee, " Here are a few more signs of Spring here in Vancouver , for your enjoyment."







Mitalee, " Fear not! If Spring has yet to arrive in your neck of the woods, she will soon be there. You will need a little more patience and then when you least expect it, Spring will arrive at your doorstep."









Have a Terrific Tuesday.
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo 

25 comments:

  1. Mitalee, you are beautiful! I've competed in lots of shows, but I don't think I've ever seen a Selkirk Rex! I'm so glad you were saved from that awful hoarding situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mitalee !
    It was fun reading all the facts about you and I´m glad that your humans saved you from that hording situation !!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a wonderful post, Mitalee, we loved reading about you. We're so glad you were rescued by such wonderful humans and have had an amazing home with them for ten years now!

    Purrs and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love your curly fur Mitalee or should we meow you Queen Mitalee?
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you found your pawfect furever home, Mitalee! I was in a hoarding situation in my furst home too, and I'm SO glad that LBR was able to rescue me and find me my home with my momma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're happy you have a wonderful home now and impressed you like everyone! I'm not sure what I'd think about dogs, though...

    We had a few thunder boomers last night but no rain :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. We really enjoyed this post, Mitalee! We had fun learning so much about you. We've always been curious about your name. Love the story behind it. And what a happy rescue story you have :) Oh, and you know what? Each one of us has our own song that Mom and Dad sing to us too! We all know our songs too, because when they sing them, we come running!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Querida Mitalee, adorei conhecê-la melhor, sua história é emocionante.
    Fico contente que você encontrou uma família amorosa, Bumblebee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mitalee, yous is a total LOVE BUG!! Mes knows all about how us "fancy" cats can comes from bad situations too and mes so furry happy that yous has a wonderful forever home. sending yous extra kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Mitalee, you have the best home now, fur sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You´re a beatiful and beloved girl!
    Receive my hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so beautiful and I'm sure happy you got the loving forever home you so deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to learn more about you Mitalee. I am sorry you had a bad start, but I am glad you have a loving forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We loved to learn more about you, Mitalee. We're glad you found a great forever home ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  15. mitalee...we wuz knot bored at all...we loved yur storee N thanx for sharin; we noe sum times itz knot eazee ta share storeez bout hows & whyz N stuff like that...we iz way happee yur mom & dad finded ewe N bringed ewe two de cottage ♥♥♥ we think yur coat iz awesum....iz it ever hard two groom ? all de furs in TT be strait and ore veree long...cuzin dai$y haza time of it tryin ta groom coz her furz iz like mega long...... ♥♥♥ happee day ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh sweet Mtaless! I loved reading about you and your life. Thank you for sharing it with us. You are a very special little girl and very favorited to have found yourself at the cottage all these years.
    Bless you, little Bumbles. All of this just makes me want to hold you...
    Love,
    Lily

    P. S. The story of Isadora and Mitalee are so wonderful that I am hoping you will do similiar posts for all the furries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh we didn't know you were from a hoarder, Mitalee! You've come such a long way!! Allie, too, is a Daddy's girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luved learnin more bout you! And luv your gorgeous curly furs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post, Mitalee. We loved learning more about you. How nice that your mom sings to you. Ours can't carry a tune in a basket, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mitalee, we loved learning more about you. It's so wonderful you have such a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mitalee, you sure did find yourself a wonderful and loving home of which to be Queen! We loved learning more about you today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. your story is wonderful! Dakota's name means "trusted friend" in American Indian so you two have something in common! It is so wonderful you love woofies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, what an amazing story you have told us here! We have not visited in quite a while, but your lovely photograph drew us in and we purred with delight to know you have found your heaven on earth now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mitalee, it was lovely to read more about you and you could never be boring!! You pretty girl :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mommy, has always though Mitalee to be one of the most adorable cats, and we all were so happy to learn more about her. We would never have guessed that she is more than a couple years old. Kisses to her, all the other critters and Mom Sophie. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)