October 7, 2014

My Nekked Belly by Esme.








Esme , " I am on the window seat. Can you see my plush and wavy coat? I am a Devon Rex cat."












Esme , " Some times Devon Rex cats don't have any fur on their tummy at all!  I don't. I will show you."












Esme , " See?  No furs on my tummy!"












Esme , " The furs I do have on my body are very, very soft. I have mostly down hair. Most cats have three types of hair that make up their coat ; guard hair, which are long and stiff hair, an undercoat or down hair that provides warmth and awn hair that forms the basic coat on a cat."











Esme , "  I could never survive alone outside because I don't have awn hair to protect me from the elements . But even if I did, I wouldn't be let out without supervision. O.k. Enough about me! I hope the sun is shining for you today on your many belly furs. It is lovely here in Vancouver!"










Have a Terrific Tuesday!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo

17 comments:

  1. Esme, you are so pretty! There were a couple of Devon Rex kittens at the show I competed in, and one did quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nekked kitty bellies are as soft and smooth and silky as a new baby bottom! Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can see you showing off your tummy Esme - we didn't know you had a nekked one - does it feel cold or is it still warm?
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't know Devon Rex kitties can have naked tummies!

    What a wonderful view for your sun puddle catnap :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sweetest Esme, we could never get enough of you! And we are sure you will never need to fend for yourself outside. Sending love to you, all your fursibs and your mommy. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beijo, beijo, beijo em sua barriga querida Esme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a very pretty kitty Esme. I hope you have a sweater to keep you warm in the winter, even in the house. http://15andmeowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esme, we think your naked tummy is very pretty and your furs sound wonderful all soft and nice. Love the pictures Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have furs on my belly either. The better for rubbin', Momma says!

    ReplyDelete
  10. esme, you´re so pretty!!!!
    I love you belly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Esme-we hope you enjoy those lovely, golden sunbeams!
    Sending purrs,
    the kitty brats

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just learned a lot about you, Esme. We didn't know what kind of kitty you are, or about any of those fun facts. Thanks for sharing. Good thing you don't have to fend for yourself outside! You are so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We didn't know that about Devon Rex kitties, Esme. You have an adorable furless belly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Esme you are so sweet and your bare tummy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)