January 30, 2014

Leo's Long and Winding Road.





 

Leo , " Hi friends. I wanted to thank all of you for keeping me in your thoughts these past near three weeks.You helped keep me strong! I didn't want to give you a personal update until I knew I had made it home from my long and winding road to a complete recovery. You see, many of our blogging friends  have left us recently and others are not faring well and I didn't want to worry anyone unnecessarily or make them feel too sad. But to be honest, I had a few issues on my road to recovery. I wouldn't eat for quite some time. But now I am eating! I had a cold. But now I am better! The tootsie rolls (don't make me spell it out!) wouldn't drop. But now they are dropping! My wounds were infected but my stitches are out now and all looks healed and well. I will show you my wounds in a photo below. This is what they looked like when I first came home from the vet's. Do not look if you are squeamish. They look a bit grim!"









                                                       A little grim.









 Leo, " You wouldn't even know that I had been wounded, stitched and sewn when you see me from this angle , right? I am showing you my wounds in case one of you ever goes through something like this. You will be encouraged to know that things do get better! Look at my wounds almost three weeks later just before the stitches were removed!"










 Leo, " They look much better do they not?!! Much less grim!"











 Leo , " My stitches were removed at the vet's yesterday. Of course I had to be sedated since Big Fang would have otherwise given a roar or two and scared the pants off the vet. That would have been funny. . .  a pantless vet!"











Leo , " Anyway, the vet said he was pleased with my recovery now and that I was doing well for an older gentleman.I think the long and winding road to recovery has finally led me home and that is exactly where I plan to stay for a very long while.Thank you again for all your concern and kind words. Excuse me please ,  I should continue to rest and get stronger. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."







Have a Great Day!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo

19 comments:

  1. Oh Leo! That is the absolute best post we have read in ages. We are so glad the journey home to comfort and cuddles and great food is now complete, and you can concentrate on enjoying life.

    Big Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very good news, Leo! We are really really pleased that you are so much better! Keep snug and have lots of naps and nourishing noms to help you recover even more. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Leo, you're a real survivor! We're so glad you're well on the road to recovery and are doing so well.

    Purrs from us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is good news, Leo ♥
    You take good care and nap lots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Leo!! That is purrfectly PAWESOME NEWS!! What a brave boy you are and your Mom is incredible, she came and visited and wrote light hearted posts, I apologize, I had forgotten you were sick! I am so sorry! ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so pleased you are feeling great Leo and you must have been very, very brave having that nasty operation. We bet your Mom heaved a big sigh of relief when you came home. Take care sweet boy.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're doing better! We were keeping our paws crossed for you. But now you've got some big tough scars to show for your trouble. Chicks dig scars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Leo, that is such good news with all the sad news going around right now.That is so terrific. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hate it when Mom gets so behind on letting us visit 'cause we have no idea what happened, and it looks as if it must have been something really terrible. We are so pleased that you have made it through a terrible ordeal and are making such a great recovery, Please accept our belated purrs and prayers. Purrs and paw-pats, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some serious war wounds! We are glad to hear you are now well on the road to recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leo, God bless you and your mama there. I am so gratified to hear that now, you are better. I am so sorry the road was so long and winding but!!! It is journey's end now and you are home and enjoying life again. LOVE and kisses always dearest Leo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we are glad you are doing so much better and are sending purrs for continued recovery....we love good updates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're very happy to read such good news ! We're glad to see that you're doing much better ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leo, we're so glad that you are on the road to recovery now. We purr that you continue to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Leo sweetheart, what a brave soul you have been...we think that you are the "George Burns" of cats and that from here on in you are going to heal all up and be well with the special love of your person LP. Purrs to you sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're so glad to hear you're on the road to a complete recuperation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Leo,
    me is so furry happy that yous is feeling much better! It is so furry tough when we older kittys has injuries.
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Leo, we are so very very pleased that you are well on the road to recovery, and we agree - you look pawesome for an Older Gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Leo, we are so glad you're recovering so well, sweet friend. We're going to keep purring and praying for you. Much love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)