April 17, 2013

Flowers in the Cottage (For Cat).






LP, " There is nothing like flowers in a home to brighten a dreary day or to remind us that Spring is well on the way."






 LP, " Our garden is offering us tulips these days so we have placed them in vases and scattered them throughout  the cottage."

















 LP, " All our African Violets are now in bloom. I  often kill African Violets and then replace them so in all honesty...they are often in bloom in the cottage!"








 LP , " More African Violets blooming as Malou keeps a discerning eye on them."







Malou, " They look a little dry. Maybe I should water them!"







 LP, " We bought this orchid in your honour last Sunday , Cat. It now sits on our diningroom table.To me it symbolises the coming of Spring , which prompts the coming of new life, new growth, new beginnings."







 Malou , " Peek-a- boo I see you! "






 Levon , " These flowers smell delectable!"









 Levon, " Hmmmm. Let's see. . ."






 Levon , " What do I think of new beginnings?!"







Levon, " I think new beginnings are tasty!"





LP, " Cat, we will think of you every time we look at our lovely orchid and watch it bloom.This plant takes time to flower, but the blooms are long lasting."






Have a Wonderful day!
We love you Cat :)
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo

14 comments:

  1. Please be careful, I think orchids are poisonous to kitties! But they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the pictures with the orchid. We're jealous you have tulips. They are fun to whap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to spring... and kitties! :-)
    Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty orchid and we see Malou and Levon think it might be tasty too!
    Mum doesn't bring flowers into the house now as we like them so much the water jumps out and washes the carpet.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love flowers too, but Momma won't leave them low enough for us to nibble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness what beautiful flowers!!!! Thank you for thinking of me LP and new beginnings :-). All my love to you and the critters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what beautiful flowers!!!! Thank you for thinking of me LP and new beginnings :-). All my love to you and the critters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers and kitties go together like peanut butter and jelly. Each is nice on its own, but put them together and you have something truly magnificent. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at The Cat on My Head, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josettte

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post, and such lovely flowers. We especially liked how you honored our friend Cat with that lovely (and apparently yummy, according to Malou and Levon) orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, so sweet! Beautiful flowers!
    You know, my grandmother was the only person I know who could keep African violets going forever.. She said the secret was to never let the leaves get wet. Somehow I think there has to be more to it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are such pretty flowers. The mom's African violets are not blooming now. But she's okay with that because when they bloom...I pull the flowers off! Oh it makes her so mad!

    Wally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, thoughtful post LP for dear Cat. Here's to new beginnings! (Love the photos of Malou with the flowers, just gorgeous!) Levon you are a character...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely blooms! We take it Cat is heading your way, or your human is heading her way! That will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)