February 7, 2013

Foster Cats' Update.





Leo, " Hey there. Whoops! Need to get comfortable here."










Leo , " Um. Not quite comfortable yet. Sliding."











Leo, " What do you mean I look petulant or sorrowful?! Geesh Tulip! "











Leo, " There. Is this better? Where should I begin? I just wanted to let you know how things are going with me and Tulip these days. I'm doing alright. I mean, my motor doesn't run the way it used to run , but I'm doing alright.Tulip on the other hand, well Tulip is in delicate health as you already know. She now has both kidney disease and hyperthyroidism. She is all skin and bones; a regular bag of determined bones though-that girl has chutzpah! I call her my Sweet Skinny Minny or my Sweet Sweetpea , now. That's right.We've gone from ignoring one another and living separate lives to mutual tenderness. I feel very tender toward Tulip these days. I even share my foods with her but she remains very thin. I let her cuddle up to me too. She likes leaning into my large, warm self . I guess I like it too."








Tulip , " Oh Leo! Really!! You make me sound as though I have two paws in the grave and I have my u-haul hooked up to a hearse! "







Tulip , " I'm still breathing , conscious, and cognizant of life! "








Tulip , " I'm still a vixen and a heartbreaker! Wink! Big SMOOCH!"










Leo, " Well, yes you are ALL those things and more my Sweet Sweetpea . And we treasure every day you have with us."







Have a great day!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo




14 comments:

  1. Leo & Tulip you are both wonderful and very beautiful senior cats. It's lovely to know that you get on so well together now and have so much pep!

    Gerry & Mungo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful update, Leo and Tulip. We love getting news of you, and we hope that lovely Tulip will indeed be with you for many a day yet.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leo, we're glad you're doing well...and that you are taking good care of Tulip.

    Tulip, we purr for you and that despite all your ailments, you are still enjoying everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww aren't you both adorable! Leo that is so kind of you to snuggle with Tulip and share your food. And you, Tulip! Oh yes, a heartbreaker you are!
    Purrs to you both

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tulip and Leo - we love to see pictures and read about you both on your blog - you are both so kind to let the younger members of your family play a bigger part of the blog - and we're sure you enjoy the peace while they are squabbling over who's posing for the pictures!
    Take care
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, you two are just adorable! I hope you'll be coming to the Valentine's Ball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are adorable.

    I am sorry to hear about Tulip and her bad health but at least she can enjoy herself while bothering you a bit.

    xo,
    JC and The Purr and Fur Gang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leo, the human sez you remind her of an English butler--very matter-of-fact and expressionless.

    We are happy to hear from you two! How nice you and Tulip are furends in your golden years :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You tell them Tulip. We had a kitty here that had both hypothyroidism and kidney failure and she got really thin but had a good life.We sure wish the best for both you and Leo. We know you get good care there at your house. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are so lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful home. <3 Sending lots of purrs your way, Tulip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leo you're doing a wonderful job cuddling with Tulip. That's a very manly mancat thing to do dood!
    Crossing our paws that Tulip's kidney disease & hyperthyroidism gets better....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)