November 6, 2012

A Package for Esme.






Esme , " This box came in the mail for me last week. It had a few surprises inside especially for me. Well, actually, there were a few other surpises in here too , for the others , which they can tell you about some other time. Mostly though , most of  the surprises were for me  . . . on account I'm the most special is what I'm thinking . . . As you have probably noticed , I like the box the surprises came in , as well as the surprises. Of course."









Esme , " Ms. Stella O'Houligan's hooman, That Woman, fancified my bassinet for me. You know, the old discarded bassinet that I took over ,  with my peapod bed in it. That Woman made a liner for the bassinet and even put a ruffle on the liner. It makes it look real prettyful now-not so bare. And do you see the quilt hanging over the edge of the bassinet? That's for me as well."








Esme , " Here is a close-up of the quilt. Isn't it lovely ?!"








Esme , " It has my name , Esme , stitched on it . Esme is me , of course . Which means the quilt is for my exclusive use alone. I am not obligated to share with efurryone . Ever."








Esme , " I love my new quilt and my now newly fanciful bassinet .Thank you so much Ms.Stella O'Houligan's Mama! That Woman, who writes the blog , On a More Personal Note , which is where you can contact her if you want your very own personalised cat quilt , sure did a breathtaking , stupendous and wondrous job with my surprises. I can't sew worth beans. Srsly. I'm all paws! Thanks again That Woman , I love my surprises!! "










Esme , " And now if you will excuse me , I have a date with my peapod bed and catnip pocket. "










Have a Terrific Tuesday!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo

20 comments:

  1. We think you will have many hours of enjoyment snuggled on your quilt and in your bassinet Esme. We love how everyone will know it's yours because of having your name on it. Sweet dreams.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely things that Ms. Stella O´Houligans mom made for you !
    I´ll bet you are going to snooze like you never done before :)

    P.S Sorry for not being leaving comments lately :(
    My stupid human just work and work and work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esme, that quilt is absolutely. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been utterly spoiled, Esme! But you of course deserve it!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Esme, that quilt is beautiful - and of course, even more beautiful with you curled up on it! Enjoy!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your very own quilt with your name on it! That's ultra spiffy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely addition to your bed. :) and the box looks fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love your quilt and bassinet, Esme! We think the tiny hummingbird floral print is perfect for you.

    We'd like a bassinet, but the human says, "Looks like a dozen cats live here..." WE think kitties can never have too many beds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so lovely, Esme! And now everybuddy will know it is YOUR bed, since it has your name stitched right in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely lovely, Esme! We wouldn't blame you one bit for not sharing. Purrs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Esme darling, I see you got into the box, you should have taped yourself in, poked a couple airholes & sent your sweet self right back to me. You are quite possibly the most darling wee thing I can possibly imagine and it was my pleasure to make you something you like.

    Ms. Stella sends her love too and is rather glad you didn't come back in the box, she thinks there are 5 too many cats here as it is.

    xoxo
    That Woman
    Ms. Stella O'Houligan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a special package you received! It is gorgeous which is totally fitting for you. Ms. Stella O'Houligan's hooman does beautiful work, yes she does. Enjoy lovely Esme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Esme...how wonderfuls for you. That is yours and NO one elses. That Woman makes the most glorious and beautimous things EVER in the WORLD! I am so glad you got this beautiful gift and I love your peapod bed too. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Esme, your peapod is beautiful! We like your name on it!! The Woman made us a quilt and we love it!! She does good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet gift for Esme. I'm popping over from That Woman's blog to say "hi". I noticed your lovely boy, Leo. He reminds me so much of our Audrey with his 'lion-like' features. Deb (Ontario, Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Esme, you are TOTALLY right, that is ALL yours and you are not obligated to share. Cross out paws on that one! It's got your NAME on it! COOOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! It is nice to meet you. I saw a link to your place over at Miss O'Houligan's place.

    That quilt is really, really nice.
    It is something very special, for sure. I have a comforter with penguins on it, but now I want a quilt.

    Esme, your eyes made me think of this quotation:

    “Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes?”

    --Theophile Gautier 1811-1872

    ReplyDelete
  18. Esme, we came over from Stella's blog to see you. You bassinet and quilt are just stupendous. Lucky lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)