September 24, 2012

Esme Update





Esme , " Here I am on my favourite blanket again. I wanted to let you know that I feel one hundred percent better than I did when I turned all red and was rushed to the vet's ."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Esme , " Well , I didn't just turn all red. If you recall , I also had a rash and sores and LP had a heart attack. Or almost had a heart attack and blubbered at the vet's and caused me to hang my head in shame and mortification. Now do you remember ?!! "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Esme , " Well in the end, LP did in fact put on her thinking cap and after a bit of sleuthing around she thinks she knows what caused the problem! You see, she asked a few people who had been over for a BBQ the evening before my rash and red skin outburst , if they had fed me some of their BBQ salmon. The resounding answer was , yes!! So LP put two and two and two more together and realized since I had never been fed salmon before, I was reacting to the salmon that her guests were slipping to me while she was otherwise occupied! "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Esme , " Actually, she insinuated that I stole salmon from her guests' very plates and that I then probably ingratiated myself to them by flirting and batting my eyelashes so that they would feed me even more salmon. What FALSE accusations! "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Esme , " We all know I am incapable and furthermore ABOVE such lowly behaviour. And to add insult to injury  , she has ruined any future fun for me by letting everyone know I am highly allergic to salmon!! Her exact words were , " In the future , please do not  feed salmon to the monkey at the zoo ! "  Monkey?! Me?! HOW RUDE!! " 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have a Marvelous Monday!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Esme, I'm glad you are all better but sorry for no more salmon! You are so pretty and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sorry to hear about your allergy to salmon Esme. We think you should take your time and think of a great revenge for your Mom calling you a monkey at the zoo - a well place barf on her pillow might be a good start.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. salmon made you red and bumpy?? that is terrible..... and you have been cut off - sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esme, we wonder if it was the salmon or something in the BBQ sauce!

    Whatever it was, we sure are glad you're fine now and hope nothing like that ever happens again.

    We also hope your human's well on the mend now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you figured out the problem so you'll be okay from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so sorry to hear about your salmon allergy run amok. We're quite sure you would never beg...that would be beneath such a dignified kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Oh I'm sure you never begged.. or flirted for the salmon! you're too lovely for such behavior... ;)
    But it does bring up a good point... People always think kitties can have fish, that they love it. Well, they may love it, but it's harmful for some. Leo, for example, can't have it at all because fish causes crystals and he has problems. So if someone were to give him some fish thinking they were being nice to him, they'd actually be hurting him. Same with you it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Ms. Esme, you should tell your mum she needs to conduct a 'control' experiment. Just one more time she needz to letz you haz the Salmon to make doubly sure it was, in fact, the Salmon that made you all red & annoyed.

    BTW: How is your Mum doin? We hazn't hearded if she is better since her surgery & your STELLAR nursings.

    That Woman is finishing your birdz' and then she will be mailing out your Bassinett set. She said to say she hasn't had time yet to look for B&W fabric for your sinkz.

    xoxo
    Ms. Stella O'Houligan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honey, please continue to feel better as far as that is concerned ALL of you feel better. Mom and I think of you more than you know. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Esme, we are so sorry you are allergic to Salmon. Who knew. At least you are better now. That is the good news. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Esme, y'know, we're glad you are feeling better now so LP will not have any more heart attacks...but what's sad is that you're allergic to salmon. Salmon is SO tasty! Maybe it was the BBQ stuff on it that you're allergic to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Esme, I am sorry you were so sick! That must have been very scary. No more salmon, OK.

    I have a very sensitive tummy and there are lots of things I can't eat - it's no fun!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh we are super tootful that you are feeling the betterments. we are sending cautionary toots to make sure that all the ickies have gone to never come back

    pibble sugars
    brinks and bella

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh sweet Esme! We are so sorry to hear about your salmon and vet experience! We've never heard of a kitty being allergic to salmon before. : (
    So happy you're doing better.
    (((purrs)))
    Katie & Glogirly

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are so sorry to hear that you turned all red, and that you were blamed for it all! That is very rude indeed! But we are delighted that you are better, Sweet Esme!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear little Esme, thank goodness you are okay now. Purrs to you and big purrs to LP for her continued healing and recovery. (PS: You all made awesome pirates you did!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Esme, this is terrible to be allergic to salmon. It is so delicious! But is your human certain this is what caused the rash?
    Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  18. no WAY. She did NOT call you a MONKEY. Did she???

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)