August 29, 2012

Bed Maker Helper .





Malou , " I'm helping LP make the bed in the guestroom. I'm a big help to her I can tell by the way she looks at me and sighs."








Malou , " And then out of the blue she says to me , Malou in life you must lie in the bed you make."









Malou , " And I'm thinking. . .  well of course! Where else would I take all my cat naps?! "








Malou , " But instead , I ask her to please pass me some of the covers in her arms so that I can lie comfortably in the bed that I helped make, knowing this will be a very comfortable bed indeed! Afterall , I helped make it ! "







Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
See you soon.
the critters in the cottage xo



P.S. Thank you for your kind words with regards to Leo's story. For those who suggested it, I had never considered giving him a pill to sedate him before we actually arrived at the vet's and will now consider this for his next visit. I actually had never even considered that animals were sedated in order for vets to examine them.This was the first time a vet proposed giving Leo an injection in order to examine him and I was truly caught off guard.The rescue vets are numerous and this was our first exchange with this particular vet. It was obvious he was intimidated by Leo's size from the moment he walked into the room . I also agree with those of you who mentioned that if the vet had been a little less frightened of Leo , and had taken a more "take charge" attitude , Leo would have been less uneasy and may have responded with more acceptance as he has done in the past with other vets.Usually he allows me to calm him down and then the vet can proceed with the exam but that definitely wasn't the case this time!! Thank you again for all your support and insights.

14 comments:

  1. We always wonder how the Mums managed to make the bed without us to help them by rolling on or in the sheets.
    The Mums who have no cat assistance must spend hours getting it just right.
    Well done Leo you beat that vet into submission yesterday!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bed maker helper? Hmmm....I'd rather be called Housekeeping Executive or Bedroom Stylist....you know...a fancy title. And all bedsheets must be furrified thoroughly. har har har *evil laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malou, you do make such a good bed and now you can make use of that nice bed with a nap. Those are pretty great pictures of you.
    Poor Leo, we would act the same way Leo. We have a kitty here that spent many months at a vet and she still doesn't want anyone to mess with her. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Further to Leo: Even Annie was difficult at the vet. Quiet as a mouse on the way there, but hissy and snarly once there. I remember one vet being so patient and slow and cautious, but Annie was having none of it (trying to get a pill into her). Usually it took a couple of techs wrapping her up to even do simple things, and I'd hear her curse a blue streak from the waiting room. So there's something to be said for a "take charge" attitude.

    But do think about giving Leo a sedative before he has to go next time.

    When my former co-worker adopted Rose (long story), Rose couldn't be picked up, couldn't really even be patted. The former co-worker stuck a cat sedative into some gooey treat and that's how she managed to get her quiet enough to get into a carrier and off to the vet.

    As for bed-making, I try to do mine when Nicki's not around. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bed making is one of my specialties!

    My feline brother Sweet Pea was very much like Leo at the vet. He calmed down as he grew older, but early on he was a terror and frightened everyone. We never tried the injection, but think it might have helped. He was sweet as can be at home, but something about the vet brought out a whole different side of him.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Momma and I have a grreat arrangement in making the bed. I'll stand off to the side and snoopervise while she puts everything in place. Then when she steps back and says, "Okay!", I jump up on the bed and get snuggles for a little while before Momma goes to get ready and I get in a quick snooze on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leo needs his vet visit and so glad you are considering some type of sedative. It's not good for him to be so violent and aggressive. Hard on his system and everyone elses. :-) Blessings to all of you. Oh and Katie isabella is a GREAT help making and unmaking the bed. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good helper! I've had a cat that helped make the bed, too :)

    Pet stores carry calming sprays. I've never tried them but maybe someone on the blog has some experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job helping the Mom make the bed, Malou. Moosey is nice like that here, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where else would you sleep but in a made bed? Goodness, sometimes humans don't get it, MOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job, Malou! We love helping my woman make the bed. We dive under sheet and chase the shadows.

    Sorry that Big Fangs showed up for Leo's vet visit. Calm treats helped Taffy when she was around another cat, but don't know if they would help Leo. Some calming agent is a good idea as getting riled up isn't good for him (or anyone else). Glad that Tulip's issues were addressed and hope her eyes clear up. Purrs.

    Laura & Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Malou, one of our favorite things to do is to help make the bed! We know you were a big help and deserve to lay in the bed you made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've got alot in common Malou. I'm an awesome bed maker helper too!!!

    ...I also need to look into the comments about Leo's post. Glogirly says I need to "take a pill" when she starts thinking about bringing me to the vet. I have something I call The Beast that comes out when I go there.

    ; ) Katie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)