October 7, 2011

Calling All Angels .

LP, "I found a few pics of the angels in the cottage recently which I thought I would share with you. Since we are at the cusp of the Thanksgiving weekend here in Vancouver , I am always prone to reflecting on what I am thankful for in my life. There is quite a bit to be thankful for in my life. I am aware of that more and more with each passing year. I am certain when you look in your heart , no matter where you find yourself in the world, you will see we , each one of us sees, that we are thankful for the exact same things ; Peace, Health, Shelter , Love , Family, Friends. I am particularly thankful for Masala, Allegra and Lewis. Each of them has now collected their angel wings. When they were here on earth sharing different stages of my life I know without a grain of doubt , that had they not shared  those periods of my life with me, my life would have been less colourful, less lived , less joy filled. When I think of these three , I am rarely sorrowful , rather, I feel blessed that each of them saved my heart from growing small, hard or bitter. Knowing them, permitting their essence to honestly enter my reality , ensured that I never became an indifferent person. I never became a person who shied away from fully living and feeling life with everything it gives and takes away from us. I never became a person who believed I had all the answers because how can you explain an animal's unconditional love? The memory of Masala's , Allegra's and Lewis' purity of spirit continues to breath innocent life back into my at times faltering heart and for that I will always be humbly thankful.








LP , " I don't have many pics of Masala in her early years. She lived to be eighteen years old and she could usually be found with a stick when outdoors...




LP, "...or a ball when indoors (or outdoors)! Masala LOVED life and engaged in it wholeheartedly.Her antics made me laugh every day.  I still find myself laughing out loud some days when I remember some of her escapades."


LP, " Allegra was the the definition of sugar and sugar and everything nice. She was doubly sweet, doubly gentle, doubly compassionate and doubly lovable. She looks a bit frightened in this pic and the one below it because she was afraid of the camera in her first few months of life. Ironically , of all my pets Allegra would be the one who grew to love having her picture taken the most. She would actually come running whenever I pulled the camera out in later years and pose , eager to have her picture taken. So funny! "














LP , " Allegra at twelve years old and still going strong!"




LP, " Many of you became acquainted with Lewis through this blog. He was a CHARACTER! He had a lot of living that needed to be packed in his four short years of life and we think he honoured his time here very well indeed!"

























Have a happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadians.
Give thanks .
Have a happy weekend fellow friends.
See you Monday.
the critters in The Cottage.

13 comments:

  1. You have written a loving post about all your three beloved friends. We are sure Marsala, Allegra and Lewis watch over you from Rainbow Bridge and smile at all the wonderful memories you have and the happy times spent together.
    We hope you have a good Thanksgiving.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh...LP.... ((((((HUGS))))) HAPPY THANKSGIVING! purrr...meow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures of Allegra and Lewis. We know your heart still hurts, but at least when you remember them, your smiles outweigh the sadness.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really thoughtful and thought provoking post. This extends to all the people that pass through our lives as well as pets. We all have much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of the most beautiful and open-hearted posts we've ever read.

    We hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Fuzzy Tales. This was such a beautiful and loving post. It really made us pause and reflect and we thank you for that! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post about your beautiful angels!!! Happy Thanksgiving friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful.

    ps: Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your beloved angels are adorable. Of course we knew little Lewis and it broke our hearts wehn he went to the Bridge ~ but we love what you wrote about him. Purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is a very lovely and thought provoking post. We agree with so much you say. Truly sweet. Thanks for visiting us too and for your kind words about Breezy. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful post. We were heartbroken when Lewis ran off to the Bridge, but your words are so, so true ... indeed he did greatly honor his time here.

    Happy Thanksgiving, friends. We are thankful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww.. thank you for sharing your beautiful memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some adorable photos!!

    XO K:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)