July 8, 2011

Middle , and last stops .

LP, " While on our Ontario travels , we noticed log cabins here and there amongst other more "standard" houses. We don't see log cabins as much on the west coast of Canada unless you are in the extreme northern parts of the province.











LP, " We stopped to visit a friend I went to university with who now has two very sweet and lively children ."







LP, " We visited a two hundred year old house found in a town one of my brothers lives in."



Two hundred year old house.



                    Here is a pic of the guestroom in the two hundred year old house  .



The spinning room.



Even the outhouse was intact. Ouch! I wonder what those dried out corn cobs were used for...






Me and my favourite niece.Shhh.Don't tell anyone.





Another lovely river scene.





My youngest nieces. Sweeter than gumdrops.



More nieces and nephews at my oldest brother's home.




Can you see Tallulah , the most sensible cat in the world? Tallulah has a few knitted blankets found on various couches throughout the house that she lies on. She does not go on any other furniture other than on my niece's bed at night. If only I could train my hooligans nearly so well!





Tallulah , " They didn't train me. I trained them!! "



LP, " There were other stops and visits on our trip but I won't bore you with details! It was a whirlwind two weeks and we had a blast but it is always wonderful to come back to the critters in The Cottage after time away.We hope you enjoyed a brief glimpse into our trip. We will see you on Monday with the critters' insights regarding their two week abandonment or mutiny or party. I'm not certain what their take on it is but I'm certain they will let me know when asked ! "


See you Monday.
Have a wonderful weekend.
the critters in The Cottage.
                                                                                                                                                             
     

9 comments:

  1. Our mom loves looking at travel/holiday photos, thanks for sharing! That old house has a surprisingly large guest room. We would have thought smaller rooms would be easier to heat. Actually, at Upper Canada Village, some of the homes (actual homes of the time, not reproductions), also had quite large bedrooms, certainly bigger than the ones in our little townhouse!

    Have a great weekend, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the log cabins and lake pictures. Tallulah is clever.She has trained her people to knit her blankets and place them where she prefers!
    Lucas and Lola the pugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as though you had a great time with your family. We bet you got a warm welcome when you got home.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Tallulah is cute, and I really liked the log cabins especially the two hundred year old house!

    XO K:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it was a joyful reunion when you were back home again with the critters!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to live in a log cabin, because then I could scratch on all the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to be Talullah's friend. Do you have her phone number? har har har *evil laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a fantastic trip. We bet everyone was happy to see you when you got home, though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)