June 7, 2011

Basket Case .

Esme, " Well I tried telling you about my favourite blanket until you know who cut me off but now I thought I'd tell you about my favourite basket. LP says I am her little basket case every time I step into this basket and then she smirks. That's right. S M I R K S. What affront!"



Esme , " I have to tell you first of all , that this used to be Lewis' favourite spot in the house. No one else ever used this basket but after he left us, I decided to take it over. It makes me feel close to him. I mean , I know I used to whap him like I like whapping this plant but he was my little bro and well, I wouldn't let anyone else whap him , you know? "




Esme , " I like to stretch out in the basket like this. Lewis liked to stretch out too but he usually fell out onto the floor. He was a lot bigger than me !  I'd laugh. With him. Not AT him ."




Esme , " The fun thing about this basket is that it doesn't have a flat bottom , so you can rock yourself to sleep in the sun . Balance is everything of course ."





Esme , " I also like to pretend I'm on a Tropical Island when I am lying in the sizzling sun in my basket. There are lots of birds on my make-belief island ."




Esme , " This is me pretending I'm not a threat to the birds on the Tropical Island. Then I pounce! "




Esme , " But I would never actually HURT a bird. I like to play , "Catch and Release " and then after I release , I fall asleep.Do you have a favourite basket ? "






Have a swell day.
See you soon.
the critters in The Cottage .

12 comments:

  1. We love baskets too and we think you look absolutely gorgeous in yours, Esme!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww !!!! You look super cute in that basket !!!
    Great Photos as well
    Me, never try basket but my mom guess I will love to scratch it
    Enjoy, My dear
    Look like you have a wonderful time there : )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esme you look so comfy in your basket :-) Yes, my boys like baskets too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah doesn't like baskets but I love to snooze in the basket that has been here since furever. Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We fink beloved Angel-Lewis would want yoo to have his basket to enjoy 'cos he was a very sweet boy.
    We love baskets too ~ but not as much as boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esme, we think why you lay in the basket is SO NICE! You are lovely in it. We play catch and release too, only for us the release part is an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a basket, but you look adorable in yours!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look very sweet cute and comfortable in your sway back and forth make belief island Esme!
    I'm sure Lewis wouldn't mind if you appropriated his his basket!

    XO K:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esme, that is the perfect little basket for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun in you make belief island Esme! You look adorable in your looking like your not a threat to the birds photo!
    Lucas and Lola the pugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great basket, Esme. We 'specially like it because when you're in it, you are a little closer to Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos! :D and what a lovely basket. :) i think that i would very much like that basket too if i were a cat. especially since it rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)