February 21, 2011

K's Creation

K was here for a visit this weekend and she brought a long term guest.That's what LP calls it anyway; I think that's a polite way of saying her invention is not leaving. K was at a Children's Art Festival last week and she invented our long term guest there.K claims her creation went a little awry.Sort of like Dr.Jekyll and Ms.Hyde.We're not sure what that means exactly but it doesn't look  good. At least not for us.We'll let you decide.So, with no further ado (although we already would like to say adieu...),  meet K's Creation.

"Hi Y'all.I'm Stella The Kitchen Utensil and I am a barrel of laughs! I talk a mile a minute and have that southern type of hospitality.I can bake a mean potatoe pie and cook up a sumptuous squirrely, squirrel stew.I grow real magnolias and brew my own whiskey.I tend my vegetable garden and run a mile a day. You could say I'm a well rounded utensil."


"I do, however, have some very strong opinions as to how critters should be raised.Critters should be seen and not heard.I know this may seem a little old fashioned but that's how I was raised and I plan to get The Cottage in order.There is a lot of running around, screeching, lazy-ing about and jumping on counter tops in this house.LP calls it, "freedom of expression".I call it bad manners!"


"In the future, if the critters don't do as they are told, they will have to speak to Stella The Kitchen Utensil and face the consequences of their poor decisions.And I do rule with an iron spoon! No more jumping onto beds, hanging out in bath tubs, stealing food from counter tops, running in the house chasing each other and screaming at the top of critter lungs as critters gallop from one room to the next.Outdoor toys will be kept outdoors and indoor voices will be used at all times.No more whining about getting chores done and a little less lovey dovey stuff and a little more hard work and effort.Things are going to change around here. Stella The Kitchen Utensil has come into Creation."



Lewis,"The Kitchen Utensil has to go."


Mitalee,"There can only be ONE Ruler in The Cottage."


Duffy,"I can be as good as gold.Why I look the epitome of angelhood or sainthood or some hood in this photo.Actually, if truth be told, I would rather continue my happy, scary, hoodlum ways."


Esme,"That pretty, pink pipe cleaner mouth would make an especially sweet play toy...".

Issa,"This is what I think of you and your new rules, you large piece of polycarbonate!"


Tulip,"Well she won't find us in the Cat Room.She probably doesn't even know we exist. She doesn't look all that bright."


Leo,"We can always escape by using the cat balcony if she does find us.I'm not letting her ruin my senior's retreat!"




Looks like the critters have a plan...but will they thwart Stella The Kitchen Utensil that easily?!!

Have a marvelous Monday.
the critters in The Cottage

4 comments:

  1. Well Stella, you look cute and happy, but you sound like sort of a spoilsport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmm. We think Stella needs a long vacation under the stove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't look like any of the critters are jumping with joy to have Stella The Kitchen Utensil around! I think they enjoy hanging out in bath tubs stealing food from counters and especially screaming at the top of there critter lungs!
    Sorry to say Stella but I don't think that the critters are enjoying your company...

    XO K:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best guess is that if Stella truly tries to put her foot down (or whatever it is she'll try to put down), the critters in the cottage will mutiny. And I'm with Tulip - I don't think it would take much to outsmart Ms. Stella.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment , we love to hear from you :)